This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
I will be using the REMIND APP this year to keep in touch with parents/guardians and students outside of school. The app will allow me to keep you up-to-date on classroom events and enable us to text one another in one convenient location. Please make your name in the APP your child’s name.
There are two classes, one for parents and one for students. The student class will consist of more frequent reminders and resources for students, while the parent class will consist of less frequent reminders, school reminders, and communication about your child specifically. I will be providing your child many resources for at home learning and reinforcement. If there is a skill your child needs to review or needs reinforced, please let me know so I can provide resources.
There are two ways to join the REMIND class:
- For parent/guardians: Text @goddardkms to 81010
- For students: Text @kmsgoddard to 81010
Communication between home and school is a very important part of your child’s education. I believe that parents should be well informed of their child’s academic progress and behavior in the classroom. I will be sending various forms of communication home throughout the year. Please start off the year by downloading the REMIND app and join my class (see directions above).
1. Agendas should go home every day and should include daily assignments and all upcoming tests, etc.
2. Progress Reports will go home every three weeks (sign and return)
3. Report Cards every nine weeks (sign and return)
4. Power School is linked under the CMCSS's webpage, and I will be updating your child's grades on a weekly basis.
5. Please contact me via the Remind app, email, or phone if you have any questions or concerns in regards to your child's education.
If you are absent, it will be your responsibility to retrieve your missing assignments by looking at the google classroom, completing the assignments, and turning them in by the due date.
For each day you are absent, you will be allowed one day (for each day missed) to complete and return missing assignments. For example, Josh is absent Monday and Tuesday, he received his missing assignments Wednesday. Josh has Wednesday and Thursday to complete assignments. They will be due by the end of the day Friday. Deadlines for missing assignments will be by the end of the school day the assignments are due.
In this class, we will start having homework the first full week of school. Your child will have homework online once or twice a week. Students may be required to upload their work to the google form. Procedures for uploading work to google classroom will be established once students receive their computers the first or second full week of school. Students will be able to access a guide/tutorial to uploading their work on the google classroom.
Please keep in mind that there are multiple solution paths to a math problem, so work must be shown! I want to know what your child was thinking and how they reasoned through each problem. For homework to be considered turned in and on time, it must be complete and submitted before they arrive to my class the next day. All submissions through google classroom are time stamped, so students must turn in homework on time!
If you do not have internet access at home, please let me know and I will give your student paper copies of the assignment.
From time to time, students will need to bring money to school for various reasons (lunch money, field trips, yearbooks, etc). Please put all money in a sealed envelope and include the following information on the envelope:
1. Child’s first and last Name
2. The amount of money enclosed
3. The purpose of the money
4. Homeroom teacher's name and grade level
There are certain expectations for students in my class. Students will:
- BE PRODUCTIVE AND ON TIME.
- DO THE RIGHT THING.
- RESPECT OTHERS AND THEIR BELONGINGS.
- BE ENGAGED AND ENTHUSIASTIC.
- BE OPEN TO CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.
- BE AN ACTIVE PARTICIPANT IN THEIR OWN RESCUE.
Students are expected to come into class with their pencils (traditional or mechanical), agenda, and CHARGED computer.