This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
COURSE RULES AND PROCEDURES
- Each student should have all of their required materials to participate in class.
- Required Materials: See Handbook
- Band class is considered a rehearsal (Mastering practiced materials as a group). Practice (working on assigned materials outside of the band room) is considered homework.
- Students should be seated and ready to play 3 minutes after class begins.
- Daily participation is mandatory
- Respect toward the director, your fellow students, band equipment, and hall is required. Talking during class is prohibited unless permitted by the instructor. Keep your hands to yourself and do not leave your seat. You should strive to have everything you need BEFORE class starts. Use the restroom before class begins.
- All classroom owned textbooks should remain in the classroom after each period. Please return them to the appropriate place.
- The consumption of food, snacks, and sugary beverages are prohibited in the band hall. Water is allowed in a clear container.
- Band Lockers: Students should only use their assigned locker. They are responsible for keeping personal items stored in their lockers secure (bring a lock). Do not store items that aren’t used for band rehearsal (i.e. books from other courses, materials for other courses). Do not share lockers. Bring instruments to your locker between 7:00 and 7:20 AM. Instruments can be taken out of the lockers (to be taken home) after 6th
This is your organization, your facility, and your time. Strive to respect and utilize them appropriately!!!
Concert Etiquette and Expectations:
Proper behavior on stage before, during, and after a concert is expected. The following rules are expected from beginning band all the way up to professional ensembles:
- Cellphones and other electronic devices are not allowed on the stage
- Students should not talk while on stage.
- Students must participate during the entire concert to receive concert credit (70% of your grade).