This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
I will be using the REMIND APP this year to keep in touch with parents and students outside of school. The app will allow me to keep you up-to-date on classroom events and enable us to text one another in one convenient location. Please make your name in this app your child's name.
There are two ways of joining the class:
1) Text "@kmsgibb" to 81010 and you will be automatically added to the class or
2) Email [email protected] There is no need for a subject or content in the email.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions via Remind.
Communication between home and school is a very important part of your child’s education. I believe that parents should be well informed of their child’s academic progress and behavior in the classroom. I will be sending various forms of communication home throughout the year. Please start off the year by downloading the REMIND app and join my class (see directions above).
1. Agendas should go home every day and should include daily assignments and all upcoming tests, etc. These will filled out during homeroom each day by the student!
2. Progress Reports will go home every three weeks (sign and return)
3. Report Cards every nine weeks (sign and return)
4. Power School is linked under the CMCSS's webpage, and I will be updating your child's grades on a weekly basis.
5. Please contact me via the Remind app, email, or phone if you have any questions or concerns in regards to your child's education.
If your child is absent, it will be their responsibility to retrieve their missing assignments from my "Were You Absent?" bin, complete them, and turn them in to their specific period's slot by the due date. For each day they are absent, they will be allowed one day plus 24 hours to make up their missing assignments. For example, Austin is absent on Monday and Tuesday so his missing work will be due the following Monday (he gets Wednesday and Thursday plus 24 hours). He was absent two days so he will have two days (plus 24 hours) to make up the work. All of his missing assignments will be due on the very next day after his allowed days to make it all up. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
We will start having homework on the first full week of school. Your child will have homework almost every day each week. It will always consist of a maximum of twelve problems that must be solved while showing ALL work in PENCIL. Please keep in mind that there are multiple solution paths to a math problem, therefore, all work must be shown! I want to know what your child was thinking and how they reasoned through each problem. *MATH NOTEBOOK must be brought to school EVERY day!
Homework is vital part of your child's success in class as it:
1. Reinforces skills that have been covered in class
2. Teaches personal responsibility
3. Allows parents the opportunity to learn more about their child’s academic strengths and weaknesses
4. Keeps parents informed about what their child is learning
Khanacademy.org is an excellent free resource to use at home. It is listed under my classroom links on this webpage.
From time to time, students will need to bring money to school for various reasons (lunch money, field trips, yearbooks, etc). Please put all money in a sealed envelope and include the following information on the envelope:
1. Child’s first and last Name
2. The amount of money enclosed
3. The purpose of the money
4. Homeroom teacher's name and grade level
- Be Respectful - I will treat others the way I want to be treated.
- Be Responsible - I am in charge of my own learning.
- Be Ready - I am at school and prepared every day.
- Homework - I will complete my homework in pencil and turn it in on time.